Social prescribing supports individuals to take better control over their health and improve their general well being. It aims to link residents, who have social, emotional or practical needs which cannot be addressed by a GP, to a wealth of different services within the borough.
Information for residents
What we offer
- remaining independent at home
- opportunities for social interaction
- practical help, such as cooking, transport, shopping
- physical activity
- benefits and budgeting advice
- housing options advice
- mental or emotional support
- support around a disability
Who can use this service
The service is currently available to adults over 18 years old, who are registered with a West Byfleet GP surgery and experiencing non medical issues requiring additional support.
Anyone wishing to access West Byfleet’s social prescribing service must obtain a referral from their GP or a medical professional.
Once a referral has been made by a health professional, our wellbeing advisor will get in touch to arrange an appointment with you.